Sales and Business Development Director
Sales and Business Development Director
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Falls Church, VA
The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of CHEMTREC’s sales and business development programs. The position will have specific focus on leads generation, sales and new business development; new business plan development; channel partner development, and other related engagements. The position will also be responsible for completing sales forecasts and developing and tracking of key process indicators (KPIs) demonstrating effectiveness of strategic plan execution. The position reports directly to the CHEMTREC Chief Executive.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of CHEMTREC new business development efforts, including creation and conversion of sales and marketing leads, developing sales processes, overseeing new customer capture plans, and leading customer segmentation and characterization activities.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy to drive revenue growth and achieve sales targets.
- Build and manage a high-performing sales team, setting goals and providing coaching and development opportunities to support their success.
- Oversees the overall work activities of employees within the sales department, including establishing performance objectives, conducting performance reviews, and facilitating employee development for direct reports.
- Directs sales activities, queue management and lead assignment, and other related activities as required to ensure all sales leads are addressed in a timely manner. Improves the sales process and address process pinch points to reduce lead and opportunity backlogs.
- Leads the development and management of sales commission and incentive structures focused on driving growth. Developed the annual commission plans for eligible sales staff. Runs the monthly, quarterly, and annual commission calculations processes in accordance with CHEMTREC internal control procedures.
- Tracks, monitors, and reports on CHEMTREC growth initiatives. Participate in the product innovation and product development processes as appropriate to drive overall CHEMTREC growth consistent with the business’s strategy.
- Develops and manages sales operating budgets. Provides input and guidance to the Chief Executive and leadership team on marketing, trade show, and other budgets and programs.
- Coordinate with the marketing team on:
- Advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Social media and forms and formats for delivering CHEMTREC’s marketing and industry update messages.
- Analyzes CHEMTREC’s Microsoft Dynamics CRM sales database and dashboards and enhances data tracking to increase sales and other growth initiatives’ performance.
- Prepares scheduled and periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and progress toward monthly, quarterly, and annual targets.
- Communicates with Chief Executive and other CHEMTREC Directors regarding progress and pace on priority initiatives and progress toward annual sales goals.
- Works with CHEMTREC Financial Operations to understand financial results of efforts and further develop reports and tools to communicate progress.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and customer success, to drive sales success.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts sales and marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors and reports on competitor services, sales, and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent and professional corporate image throughout all CHEMTREC service lines, promotional materials, marketing collateral, and events.
- Working with Marketing and the other Directors, manages representation of CHEMTREC at tradeshows and similar events.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships, and negotiating and closing deals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of sales experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and attend industry events
- Demonstrated knowledge of hazardous materials transportation and understanding of the hazardous materials transportation regulatory scheme.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets and building successful sales teams
- Knowledge of the hazardous materials industry with a focus on emergency response support, regulatory compliance, and other related areas.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Business development and sales management, marketing management; share of P&L responsibility; forecasting responsibility; KPI and metric development.
- Ability to cultivate and manage high quality stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to process complex, technical, verbal and written information for the purposes of establishing strategy, direction and action plans.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, as well as the ability to give internal and public presentations.
- Demonstrated expertise as a senior-level leader with demonstrated skills in leading, coaching and mentoring all levels of staff.
- Ability to build consensus, work in a team environment, and coordinate across multiple groups within a large organization.
- Open to domestic and international travel as required.
- Masters in Business Administration or similar graduate level program
- Knowledge of the supply chain industry and experience selling consulting services