Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Falls Church, VA
The position is responsible for day-to-day management of CHEMTREC’s Customer Service team to include the handling of regular maintenance and updates of CHEMTREC accounts. This includes monitoring call queues, organization, workflows and work load assignments. This position will also help identify and evaluate additional needs of the customer base by monitoring and evaluating customer service processes, protocols, and key performance indicator’s KPI’s to ensure they are aligned with internal and external needs. This is a hybrid position and will report to the Director of Customer Care.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the daily work activities of all Customer Service Representatives including, recruiting/interviewing candidates, establishing performance objectives, conducting performance reviews, and facilitating employee development.
- Works with the HR and relevant stakeholders to train staff on guidelines and protocols to ensure the quality delivery of CHEMTREC’s products and services.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings with Customer Service staff and attends and participates in Account Management meetings.
- Works with the Account Management team to assist with daily activities and to ensure the proper escalation and de-escalation of accounts is performed and captured correctly.
- Develops, manages, updates, and enforces internal customer service work policies, procedures, practices, and protocols including those that implement unique customer requirements.
- Supports CHEMTREC operational strategies by conducting customer service workload and trend analysis, needs assessments, and capacity planning.
- Evaluates customer service work group efficiencies and, in coordination with relevant internal stakeholders, develops, recommends and manages necessary process improvements as well as assists in the implementation of technology improvements.
- Manages activities to develop and support continuity of operations plans; collaborating with key stakeholders to prepare staff, identify gaps, monitor readiness, and develop solutions.
- Develops, manages, and updates key performance indicators identifying efficiencies, areas for improvement, and successes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years of experience managing customer service functions.
- Proven experience with database and document management, including data and information retrieval.
- Proven experience with information technology and how the technology is applied in business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications, including Microsoft CRM.
- Proficiency of web-based applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in workforce management techniques.
- Ability to use independent judgment in evaluating situations and to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of complex matters simultaneously.
- Ability to work extended business and off-hours as needed and to serve in a 24/7/365 on-call support status.
- Experience in environmental, health and safety (EHS) systems.
- Experience working with international customers and/or perspective of condition and cultures beyond the domestic US marketplace.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.