About the Scholarship
To support knowledge sharing, networking with peers, and expanding education opportunities for hazmat team members, CHEMTREC® is sponsoring four (4) scholarships to attend the 2023 Midwest Hazmat Conference hosted by Emery & Associates in Northbrook, IL on May 4-6, 2023.
The scholarship will include:
- Conference registration costs
- Two nights of hotel accommodations provided
- Per diem (total of $60) for two breakfasts (Note: most meals are already provided via the conference)
*Total scholarship assistance not to exceed $667.60 per recipient.
About the Conference
The 2023 Midwest Hazmat Conference provides the opportunity for professional development and networking. Some highlights of the conference include:
- Plenary session plus 42 workshops by hazmat instructors from across the country.
- Topics covering all aspects of hazmat emergency response including rail, highway, and lithium-ion battery incidents.
- This is a great opportunity to experience two full days of hazmat training in an informative environment!
To be eligible to apply for the CHEMTREC scholarship, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a member of a hazmat team within a local or state public safety or emergency management agency located in the Midwest region of the United States and be legally organized under state law.
- Demonstrate in the application essay their successes as a hazmat instructor or officer and the impacts they have made within their department as an instructor, and how attending the 2023 Midwest Hazmat Conference will benefit you and your hazmat team.
- Only one application will be accepted per person. Self-nominations are accepted.
- The recipient that receives the award must use the money to attend. The scholarship cannot be redistributed or transferred.
- The recipient agrees that their name, department name, details from their application essay, and all photos taken during the conference may be used in media by CHEMTREC and Emery & Associates for the purposes of promoting the scholarship program.
The 2023 application period is now closed. A panel selected by CHEMTREC & Emery & Associates will review the applications and select the four (4) scholarship recipients. Recipients will be announced by March 31, 2023.