CHEMTREC Coverage Levels
Registering for CHEMTREC coverage gives you the right to use the CHEMTREC emergency phone number—or any number directed to CHEMTREC’s call center—on shipping documents, SDS, and hazard communication labels for all shipments. CHEMTREC offers three levels of coverage:
- Inside Zone
- Outside Zone
Our representatives work closely with you to determine the best coverage option based on the regional zones of your points of origin and the shipment destinations.
Inside Zone Coverage
Registering for Inside Zone Coverage makes sense for your company if all of your shipments originate from countries in the same zone, and they are delivered to countries within that same zone.
For example, shipments originating from the U.S. (Zone 1) that are delivered to Canada (Zone 1) require Inside Zone Coverage.
Outside Zone Coverage
Outside Zone Coverage makes sense for your company if all shipments originate from countries in the same zone, but they are delivered to countries outside of that initial zone. This service option also includes Inside Zone Coverage when you ship to countries inside your primary zone.
For example, shipments originating from the U.S. (Zone 1) that are delivered to Australia (Zone 8) require Outside Zone Coverage.
Combination of Inside Zone and Outside Zone Coverage
Some companies benefit from a combination of Inside Zone and Outside Zone coverage options when some shipments fall within a single zone, while others cross zone boundaries. CHEMTREC representatives can evaluate your unique situation and help you select the most cost-effective solution.
For example, shipments originating from the U.S. (Zone 1) that are delivered to Canada (Zone 1) require Inside Zone Coverage. But if you also have shipments originating from Brazil (Zone 2) that are delivered to Australia (Zone 8), Outside Zone Coverage is also required.
Registering for CHEMTREC's Global Coverage makes sense for your company if your shipments originate from countries in multiple zones around the world, and are delivered to countries in multiple zones. Global Coverage has no geographical limitations.
For example, Global Coverage is the best option when you have shipments originating from multiple zones, such as the U.S. (Zone 1), Chile (Zone 2), and Australia (Zone 8), that are delivered across multiple zones, such as Canada (Zone 1), France (Zone 3), South Africa (Zone 6), and India (Zone 9).
Additional Benefits of CHEMTREC Coverage
- 24/7 support by trained emergency service specialists
- Compliance with domestic and international shipping regulations
- Access to in-country numbers in over 70 key countries
- Interpretation services for 240+ languages
- Immediate notification of all incidents involving your shipments
- Instant access to contracted medical professionals
- Unlimited Safety Data Sheet storage for your product information
- Ability to view real-time incident details through the customer portal
- Access to up-to-date regulatory information through REGTREC™ (Outside Zone and Global Coverage only)
One-Time Shipment Registration
This service gives you the right to use CHEMTREC for a single shipment of regulated hazardous materials requiring a 24-hour emergency telephone number.
- Allows for a single Inside Zone or Outside Zone shipment, valid for up to 14 days (or up to 30 days for Global Coverage)
- Recommended for organizations that ship one to two times per year
- Payment, SDS, and chemical shipping details due upon registration
CHEMTREC’s regional numbers automatically connect callers to the appropriate language options based on their telephone number’s international country code. Primarily designed for use on transport paperwork, the regional numbers can also be used for supply paperwork, e.g. on Safety Data Sheets, provided that the regional number complies with the local emergency number requirements for each country where the product is placed on the market.
Key Features of New Regional Numbers:
- Provides access to multiple languages through a single number.
- Provides native language options based on official/commonly spoken languages according to the caller’s dialing code.
- Provides fast call connection to interpreters using automatic language recognition.
Regional Number Implementation Benefits for CHEMTREC Customers:
- Enables the use of a single emergency number for transborder shipments within a region.
- Helps customers who have limited space to display emergency numbers on paperwork.
- Assists customers in reducing business risk through an improved connectivity process.
In-Country Dial Numbers
As part of our coverage options, we provide a network of "In-Country Dial" telephone numbers to our customers. These numbers provide an alternative to CHEMTREC’s primary toll free phone number, which can still be used anywhere around the world.
The In-Country Dial telephone numbers provide familiarity and convenience to the individual who is calling CHEMTREC from outside our call center location in the U.S. The caller will hear a message in the country’s primary language, explaining that they will be connected with an interpreter to assist the communication between the caller and CHEMTREC’s Operations Center.
In-Country Dial telephone numbers are currently available for the following locations:
- South Africa
- Argentina (Buenos Aries)
- Brazil (Rio De Janeiro)
- Cayman Islands
- Chile (Santiago)
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Peru (Lima)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Australia & Oceania
- Australia (Sydney)
- New Zealand (Auckland)
- Austria (Vienna)
- Belgium (Brussels)
- Bulgaria (Plovdiv)
- Croatia (Zagreb)
- Czech Republic (Prague)
- Finland (Helsinki)
- Greece (Athens)
- Hungary (Budapest)
- Ireland (Dublin)
- Latvia (Riga)
- Lithuania (Vilnius)
- Poland (Warsaw)
- Slovakia (Ljubljana)
- Sweden (Stolckholm)
- Switzerland (Zurich)
- United Kingdom (London)
Why is Registration Critical?
Every day, we receive calls from government inspectors, as well as responsible inter-modal carriers, asking to verify that CHEMTREC has authorized the use of our phone number on shipping documents for chemical transportation.
Using our emergency number without authorization is a violation of many governments’ shipping regulations and CHEMTREC's Terms of Service. Only registered shippers can display the CHEMTREC emergency phone number on their shipping documents.
We encourage members of the regulatory enforcement community to contact us to verify authorization of our phone number on shipping documents.
Request A Quote
Get an estimate for CHEMTREC response services.