TRANSCAER® is a voluntary national outreach effort which assists communities that have major transportation routes within their jurisdiction and addresses potential community concerns about the transportation of hazardous materials.
The TRANSCAER mission is to:
- Promote safe transportation and handling of hazardous materials;
- Educate and assist communities near major transportation routes about hazardous materials; and
- Aid community emergency response planning for hazardous material transportation incidents.
- Assists in the development and evaluation of community emergency response plans for hazmat transportation.
- Is sponsored by the chemical manufacturing and transportation industries. It is an inter-industry effort comprised of representatives who reach out to communities and assist them in their hazmat transportation emergency preparedness activities.
- Is a partnership between all those involved in the transportation of hazardous materials and the community.
- Provides a coordinated industry effort for communities along hazmat transportation routes. TRANSCAER participants are organized at the state level, and work with communities within the state that have hazmat transportation routes.
- Provides high-quality training at no expense to the participant. All training expenses and costs are covered by TRANSCAER member companies.