Sr. General Ledger Manager
Sr. General Ledger Manager
Location: Falls Church, VA
The position is assists in overseeing all aspects of the financial, accounting and budgeting activities of the CHEMTREC, LLC, an entity of the American Chemistry Council (ACC). Responsibilities of this position include preparation and/or review of month end and year end journal entries, monthly GL and cash account reconciliations, assisting in financial statement preparation, assisting in budget/forecast preparation and implementation, and assisting in yearend financial audit preparation. The position reports directly to the Controller of CHEMTREC.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the monthly and year-end general ledger close process, analyzes general ledger accounts, and assists in ensuring financial statements are accurate and delivered to management in a timely manner.
- Prepares and/or reviews and approves month end and yearend journal entries.
- Performs month end and yearend reconciliations of general ledger and cash accounts.
- Assists in the solicitation, collection, preparation, review and completion of company’s annual operating and cash budgets and forecasts.
- Prepares specific (PBC) schedules and assists in organizing the effort to complete all deliverables required for the annual financial statement audit.
- Supports the timely and accurate preparation of corporate tax returns with external tax consultants (U.S., Local and International) and prepares some local tax and information filings.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in developing reports and communicates with management about actual performance against departmental operating budgets.
- Develops ad hoc financial reports and specialized analyses for leadership decision-making.
- Reviews & approves customer orders.
- Works with IT, customer care, and sales departments on process changes within the company’s CRM system.
- Leads company collections effort.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience
- Strong MS Excel Skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills, as well as the ability to give internal and public presentations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to cultivate and manage high quality stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work with other groups, including customer service and IT, within the organization.
- Certified Public Accountant designation
- 2+ years public accounting experience
- Experience using Microsoft CRM UX 365
- Experience using an ERP GL software package such MS as Great Plains and financial reporting software such as Solver and OSR
- Supervisory experience