Senior Director of Operations
Senior Director of Operations
Location: Falls Church, VA
The position is responsible for the full scope of CHEMTREC’s emergency response and support operations, including any field activity and the Emergency Operations Center.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees and leads all information provision, response, and remediation activities for CHEMTREC. This includes day-to-day operations as well as longer-term engagements.
• Staffs, trains, and maintains the readiness of the Emergency Support Specialist (ESS) Corps to deliver high quality operations 24x7x52. Develops a command chain of supervisors, watch supervisors, and managers for support and accountability.
• Drafts and implements Operations Center standard operating procedures and policies, including holistic and individual performance metrics. Publishes those metrics regularly for transparency and continuous improvement.
• Creates and oversees a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program to validate outcomes, inform training, and assure current and future compliance with requirements.
• Operates a comprehensive cost and performance management model for call volumes, quality, documentation, follow-up. Aligns all operations staff and resources to the model.
• Working with technology resources and the Chief Executive, develops a comprehensive data management plan for information used, managed, and created by the Operations organization.
• Maintains continuity of operations plan and ensures staff are prepared to implement the plan.
• Working with the finance and sales organizations, develops of the Operations organization budget and leads the Operations organization annual strategic priorities.
• Augments Operations Center watch as needed, or when requirements scale to a higher level of incident command.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
• 10 years’ professional level experience.
• Five years’ experience in emergency management, public safety, disaster response/recovery, or emergency dispatch operations.
• Five years in a position managing exempt and non-exempt personnel with demonstrated experience in managing shift workers.
• Experience leading a high-performing team in the emergency, disaster, hazmat or related field.
• Demonstrated knowledge of hazardous materials emergency management or emergency response.
• Strong management skills, with demonstrated abilities in performance management, quality control, and training.
• Ability to use independent judgment in evaluating situations/issues.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience working with internet applications.
• Demonstrated skills in leading, coaching and mentoring staff.
• Ability to be “on-call” during non-core business hours.
• Demonstrated experience in managing 24/7 emergency/disaster response operations or a call/ dispatch center.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in relevant field.
• CEM or HAZWOPER or HAZMAT Incident Command certification
• Experience with data platforms such as Power BI or Alteryx
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.