Position Type: Full Time
Location: Falls Church, VA
The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the financial, accounting and budgeting activities of the CHEMTREC, LLC, an entity of the American Chemistry Council (ACC). Responsibilities of this position include management of Finance department staff, budget/forecast preparation and implementation, full-cycle accounting, cash management, financial statement preparation, financial management consultation, and contract management. The position is also responsible for ensuring compliance with all legal, regulatory reporting relationships and U.S. GAAP requirements. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive, CHEMTREC.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the day-to-day work activities of employees within the finance and accounting department, including establishing performance objectives, conducting performance reviews, and facilitating employee development for direct reports.
- Manages the monthly and year-end general ledger close process, analyzes balance sheet accounts and ensures financial statements are accurate and delivered to management in a timely manner.
- Directs and manages all facets of the solicitation, collection, preparation, review and completion of company’s annual operating budget and forecast.
- Manages operating cash flow including short-term investments, and reviews day-to-day transactions for sub-ledger processing to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal controls.
- Prepares specific (PBC) schedules and organizes the effort to complete all deliverables required for the annual financial statement audit.
- Implements and monitors internal control procedures to safeguard company assets.
- Supports the timely and accurate preparation of corporate tax returns with external tax consultants (U.S., Local and International) and prepares some local tax and information filings.
- Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements.
- Enforces compliance with applicable financial policies and procedures.
- Directs and manages all aspects of CHEMTREC’s financial systems, including conducting periodic reviews and implementing upgrades.
- Develops reports and communicates with management about actual performance against departmental operating budgets.
- Develops ad hoc financial reports and specialized analyses for leadership decision-making.
- Ensures that a culture of exemplary customer service is maintained within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance related-field.
- Certified Public Accountant designation.
- 10 years of experience in an accounting and/or finance role.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, as well as the ability to give internal and public presentations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to cultivate and manage high quality stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to build consensus, work in a team environment, and coordinate across multiple groups within a large organization.
- Ability to process complex, technical, abstract verbal and written information for purposes of establishing strategy, direction and action plans.
- Expertise as a leader with demonstrated skills in leading, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- Master’s degree in business related-field.
- Knowledge of the chemical or related industry.
Send your résumé with a cover letter and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.