CHEMTREC is a proud sponsor of TRANSCAER® (TRANSportation Community Awareness and Emergency Response), a voluntary outreach effort in the USA that focuses on assisting communities in preparing for and responding to a possible hazardous material transportation incident. TRANSCAER members consist of volunteer representatives from the chemical manufacturing, transportation, distributor, and emergency response industries, as well as the government.
For more information on TRANSCAER in the communities, contact Donna Lepik, TRANSCAER Staff Executive, at +1 202-249-6723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRANSCAER provides a network of emergency response resources:
- Planning Assistance - Local community assistance to better understand and plan for hazmat transportation emergencies
- Training - Both classroom and hands-on training
- Drills and Exercises - Drills to improve the response and handling of actual hazmat emergencies
- Whistle Stop Tours - Hazmat safety training to communities in states along rail corridors
- Reference and Training Materials - Technical information about chemicals and transportation equipment for both training and actual emergency response
- National Conferences and Workshops - Best practices, new programs and resources, and networking
- State Coordinators - States have a team or coordinator to help local responders connect with chemical and hazardous materials carriers and shippers