As an additional service to our customers, CHEMTREC will provide pre-approved instructions to a caller on how to handle an incident involving small leaking or damaged containers, and provide notification to your company by fax and/or email for no additional charge. The disposition program is designed to allow your company to predefine disposal instructions for carriers when an incident occurs after working hours and falls within a specific set of parameters. It is not designed to prevent calls from our emergency responders, nor to reduce or eliminate communications between CHEMTREC and our registrants.
The following constitutes all of the specific parameters that must exist in order for CHEMTREC to provide to the caller the disposition instructions you have arranged for ahead of time:
- The spill or leak is from a single liquid storage container of 55 gallons (208 liters) or a single dry storage container of 400 pounds (182 kilograms) or less; OR, if there are multiple containers, the total volume of the liquid spill or leak is less than or equal to 55 gallons (208 liters) for liquid storage containers or less than or equal to 400 pounds (182 kilograms) for dry storage containers; AND
- The leak or spill is contained and cleaned up; AND
- The incident occurs at a trucking terminal or facility; AND
- The caller does not require further assistance or contact from the Registrant for any reason.
The options we provide under these circumstances are:
- Return the damaged container to the point of origin.
- Forward the damaged container to the consignee (customer) for delivery.
- Dispose of the damaged container in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Shipper will provide disposition instructions the next normal business day based on the report faxed to the emergency contact.
- I do not want to participate in the Disposition Instruction Program (CHEMTREC is to call the emergency contact on file for disposition)
Please note, under any other circumstances, our emergency responders will contact you or your company’s emergency contacts at the time of the incident.
If you wish to select one of the above options, or have any questions, please contact Customer Service.