CHEMTREC’s Global Authorization authorizes shippers of dangerous goods the right to portray the CHEMTREC phone number(s) – or any number directed to CHEMTREC’s call center – on shipping documents, Material Safety Data Sheets and hazard communication labels, without geographical limitations. While CHEMTREC's USA + Canada Authorization is limited to shipments where the origin and/or destination is in the United States or Canada, Global Authorization expands this service to cover shipments between international locations.
CHEMTREC’s global services include a broad range of critical resources that can help on-scene personnel, such as emergency responders, mitigate incidents involving dangerous goods, including:
- An operations center staffed by trained and experienced emergency service specialists, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year;
- Immediate access to thousands of chemical product specialists and hazardous materials experts through CHEMTREC’s database of over 30,000 manufacturers, shippers, carriers, public organizations and private resources;
- An expansive electronic library of over 5 million Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS);
- Immediate hotline access to medical professionals and toxicologists to provide expert toxicological advice in conference with on-site medical professionals or emergency medical technicians treating exposure victims.
- In-Country Dial telephone numbers in over 30 key countries* around the world, which can be critical in complying with new regulations requiring in-country phone numbers in a growing number of jurisdictions. Each in-country telephone number has a greeting in the local language to assist the caller and explain how the balance of the call will proceed;
- Interpretation capabilities for more than 180 languages; and
- A state-of-the-art telecommunications system that supports the virtual emergency response team, seamlessly linking on-scene responders with chemical experts, transportation companies, and product manufacturers.
*In-Country Dial telephone numbers are currently available for the following countries:
| South Africa
|| Belgium |
|| Czech Republic |
|| France |
|| Germany |
|| Hungary |
|| Italy |
|| Netherlands |
|| Portugal |
| Hong Kong
|| United Kingdom |
||Australia & Oceania:|
|| New Zealand|
| South Korea