CHEMTREC’s Worldwide Authorization authorizes shippers of dangerous goods the right to portray the CHEMTREC phone number(s) – or any number directed to CHEMTREC’s call center – on shipping documents, Safety Data Sheets and hazard communication labels, without geographical limitations. While CHEMTREC's USA + Canada Authorization is limited to shipments within the United States or Canada, Worldwide Authorization expands this service to cover shipments between international locations.
CHEMTREC’s global services include a broad range of critical resources that can help on-scene personnel, such as emergency responders, mitigate incidents involving dangerous goods, including:
- An operations center staffed by trained and experienced emergency service specialists, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year;
- Immediate access to thousands of chemical product specialists and hazardous materials experts through CHEMTREC’s database of over 30,000 manufacturers, shippers, carriers, public organizations and private resources;
- An expansive electronic library of over 6 million Safety Data Sheets (SDS);
- Immediate hotline access to medical professionals and toxicologists to provide expert toxicological advice in conference with on-site medical professionals or emergency medical technicians treating exposure victims.
- In-Country Dial telephone numbers in over 60 key countries around the world, which can be critical in complying with new regulations requiring in-country phone numbers in a growing number of jurisdictions. Each in-country telephone number has a greeting in the local language to assist the caller and explain how the balance of the call will proceed;
- Interpretation capabilities for more than 200 languages; and
- A state-of-the-art telecommunications system that supports the virtual emergency response team, seamlessly linking on-scene responders with chemical experts, transportation companies, and product manufacturers.
|Why should you have an Emergency Response Information Provider (ERIP)?
Mitigate impact on health and environment;
Protect your brand and company reputation;
Minimize financial exposure;
Provide critical support for supply chain partners and customers;
Continuous improvement of your safety process and protocols;
Resource for disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
What happens when a call comes into CHEMTREC?
During the Online Registration process, you will be asked to:
- Provide basic company information and a Primary, Billing, and SDS contact
- Identify at least three (3) Emergency Contacts who can be reached by CHEMTREC 24x7
- Add affiliate organizations and separate emergency conacts, if applicable
- Agree to CHEMTREC’s Terms and Conditions